News & forthcoming work
• Mémoire d'encrier has just published a French language edition of The Nightingale Won't Let You Sleep. Caroline Lavoie's
translation is entitled Le rossignol t'empêche de dormir
• Micky Levy's short film "Union," an adaptation of Heighton's story "Shared Room on Union" (from The Dead Are More Visible and anthologized in
Best American Mystery Stories), has just been nominated for Best Short in the Rome Prisma Film Awards and is an official selection for the Indie Short Fest of the Los Angeles International Film Fest.
• The New England Review will publish a new short story in September 2017
• Hamish Hamilton/Penguin has just published Heighton's new novel, The Nightingale Won't Let You Sleep
• The Ukranian publisher Nora Druk recently purchased rights for a Ukranian edition of the novel
• Heighton has received the 2016 Governor General's Award for Poetry for The Waking Comes Late
•In February, 2017, Heighton read from The Waking Comes Late at the Cork International Poetry Festival, in Cork, Ireland
• Heighton's story "Shared Room on Union", from his collection The Dead Are More Visible, was selected by James Patterson for the 2015 edition of Best American Mystery Stories. The story has been optioned for film by screenwriter/director Micky Levy.